Entry Level MillWright, Grain Bin Builder.
Just Right Grain Systems specializes in Grain Storage and Handling System Construction. Grain Storage Bins use corrugated steel plates and the Spouting that feeds them uses steel piping, and are mounted on concrete pads. Such Bins would have doors, internal- and external stairs and platforms. The Spouting is used to transport the grain in and out of such bins.
During the Spring, Summer and Fall we build Bins. In the winter we do snow removal and work out of our heated shop doing maintenance and repairs on our work vehicles and equipment.
We operate as a Crew, with a Project Manager and and a Foreman in charge, supervising a team of Bin Builders and Millwrights. We are looking for motivated individuals join our team as Entry level Bin Builders.
Successful Candidates at a minimum must be able to:
- Lift up to 70 lbs
- Operate manual and power tools
- Read measurement devices accurately
- Do basic arithmetic
- Climb to work at heights up to 200ft
- Work out of town for days at a time in Bin Building Season
- Work in a wide variety of weather conditions
- Show a valid driver’s License
- Have reliable transportation to and from work and worksites as required
- Work employing OSHA Mandated safe work practices and common sense
- Be Punctual, Reliable, Dependable, Respectful and Professional with their Fellow Workers and our Customers
Abilities and Experience in the following areas would be a strong plus:
- Stick Welding
- Mechanical, Electrical and 3D Space Perception Aptitudes
- Concrete site preparation, reinforcement, pouring and finishing.
- Chauffer’s or CDL License
- Mobile Hydraulic Boom Crane Operations
- Operating Skidsteers, Manlifts, Skytracks, etc
- Vehicle maintenance including checking/topping/changing vehicle fluids
- Light vehicle repair and preventative maintenance such as changing brake pads, wiper blades
- Repair and maintenance on equipment such as Snowblowers, Welders, 4 Wheelers, etc.
We provide training in the special skills associated with our work. Since we often build in empty 3 dimensional space, the ability to accurately imagine or picture such constructs as they are being assembled is very useful. We continually evaluate our Crew Members as they build skills and experience for advancement to Supervision Positions, up to and including Project Management Level.
We are a small 15 year old company at this time, with the intent of expanding in a measured and responsible fashion. Surveys taken with our employees indicate a high levels of Satisfaction, Commitment and Contentment, willingness to refer our Company to their friends and feeling valued.
During building season we tend to put in long hours which can impact an employee’s work/life balance.
Our Management is strongly orientated to work with the employees in terms of being flexible and understanding when work time flexibility is needed. The availability of our heated workshop does allow employees to work on their own vehicles after work hours if space is available.
Initial Compensation would be calculated on the Candidate’s particular skill set. The more you know, the more you will earn.
We look forward to receiving your Resume. Please do include a cover letter, addressing the requirements and additional skills noted in detail.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.00 to $16.50 /hour
Mobile Hydraulic Boom Crane Operator.
Just Right Grain Systems Inc specializes in Grain Storage and Handling equipment sales, installation and maintenance. We also provide local crane rental and equipment transport, such as lifting HVAC units, positioning custom steel assemblies atop structures, lifting grain handling equipment, moving grain dryers, bins etc.
Our Crane Operators usually work without supervision after an initial evaluation period. The individual may be expected to work long hours with frequent standing and moving, possible exposure to severe environmental conditions, is subject to working weekends and holidays if required, and staying overnights out of town as assignments may dictate.
- Operates various types of equipment including truck mounted hydraulic boom cranes, semi tractor and trailer, manlift, skytrack, skid steer, forklift/hilo, service trucks and pickups.
- Operate diesel powered crane mounted on truck type chassis to lift material, objects or personnel into place
- Drives crane to work site and properly deploys outriggers, cribbing blocks/pads or mats as required to perform job requirements of customer
- Directs activities of oilers or helpers in set up, crane operations and knockdown
- Operates crane according to signals from oiler or helper, and may bolt, pin boom sections together to modify boom lengths
- Perform routine maintenance
- Carry tools for running repairs
- Wears safety equipment
- Properly barricade swing radius
- Take complete charge of all safety pertaining to set up and knockdown and operation of crane
- Understands and can properly fill out job ticket for customer to accept responsibility for jobsite and billing
- Required to perform equipment inspections before and after each trip, unload and securely store equipment as needed
- Any issues with equipment are to be reported in written form via the inspection sheets in a timely manner
- Any other duties as assigned
- Must be Honest, Punctual, Dependable, Respectful, Professional and Communicate effectively with Customers and Colleagues
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Must have a CDL A with Air Brake Endorsement and maintain license
- Must have experience in mobile boom crane operations
- Knowledgeable in OSHA and ANSI standards in crane operations
- Must be able to understand, speak and read the English language
- Must be able to do basic arithmetic as is required for safe crane operations
- Possess a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to pass a drug test, background check, and fit for duty test
Mechanical/Electrical/Hydraulic Repair Abilities
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $30.00 /hour
- How many years of Mobile Crane Operator experience do you have?
- Do you have the following license or certification: CDL A w/AIRBRAKE Endorsement?
- Have you completed the following level of education: High school or equivalent?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?